The more information that comes out concerning the IRS scandal, I don’t see how Obama didn’t know about the targeting and I’m convinced that he knew it months before the 2012 elections.
According to publicly released records, IRS commissioner Douglas Shulman visited the White House more than any other member of Obama’s Cabinet. In hearings before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, it was made known that 118 of Shulman’s 157 White House visits were made during the period that IRS agents were intentionally targeting tea party and conservatives. In fact, he visited the White House more times than the combined visits of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Secretary of Health and Human Services, Kathleen Sebelius and Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano.
The number of White House visits released to public records are as follows:
- IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman – 157
- Acting Secretary of Commerce Rebecca Blank – 86
- Assistant Attorney General Thomas Perez – 83
- Nominee for Secretary of Commerce Penny Prtizker – 76
- Attorney General Eric Holder – 62
- Secretary of State John Kerry – 49
- Former Secretary of the Treasury Timothy Geithner – 48
- Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton – 43
- Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano – 34
- Secretary of the Department of Education Arne Duncan – 31
- Former Secretary of the Department of Energy Steven Chu – 22
- Former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates – 17
Shulman knew about the illegal targeting at least 5 months before the November election and made over 100 White House visits during the times the targeting was occurring. Now we are supposed to believe that Obama knew nothing about the scandal until just recently? This is why the American people have no respect or trust in our government leaders, especially in Obama, our Liar in Chief!